Suggested Reading List:
- Turcotte, D. 1997. Fractals and chaos in geology and geophysics. Cambridge University Press.
- Vijay, D. 2005. Fractals behavior of the earth system. Springer.
- Moon, F. 1992. Chaotic and fractal dynamics – an introduction for applied scientists and engineers. Wiley-VCH, Verlag.
- Heping, X., Zhida, C. 1988. Fractal geometry and fracture of rock. Acta mechanica sinica, Vol.4, No.3.
- Sezer, A., Altun, S., Erdogan, D., Goktepe, A.B. 2008. Correlation between CBR strength and fractal dimensions of sands. Proceedings of 12th International Conference of International Association for computer methods and advances in geomechanics (IACMAG), India.
- Perfect, E. 1997. Fractal models for the fragmentation of rocks and soils: a review. Engineering geology 48, 185-198
- Pal, S.K., Chakravarty, D. 2003. Rock mass characterization using fractals. National Conference on nonlinear systems and dynamics, India, 217-220.
- Belem, T., Homand-Etienne, F., Souley, M. 1997. Fractal analysis of shear joint roughness.International Journal of Rock mechanics and mining sciences. Vo.34, 1-11.
- Kolymbas, D. 2003. Fractals in geotechnical engineering. Exploratory Workshop, Innsbruck, 1-147
- Badge, M.N., Raina, A.K., Chakraborty, A.K., Jethwa, J.L. 2002. Rock mass characterization by fractal dimension. Engineering geology 63, 141-155.