Geology - master academic studies
Conditions for enrolment: Achieved 180 ECTS points at basic academic studies
Study programme objectives:
- Education of geologists with master degree, competent for scientific-professional work within the historical and dynamical-geological, palaeontology, mineralogy, petrology, geo-chemical, crystallography and economic-geological research as a part of basic geological research;
- Acquiring of strong theoretical basis and high level of practical qualification in the area of fundamental geological disciplines;
- Upgrading the acquired knowledge of specialised educational disciplines in the areas of historic and dynamic geology, mineralogy, palaeontology, petrology, crystallography, geo-chemistry and economic geology;
- Acquiring of specific, intellectual, and personal skill, in compliance with the skills studied and acquired at other university centres in Europe and worldwide;
- Providing of the knowledge necessary for following the science development in the areas of geology;
- Qualifying of students for practical work;
- Qualifying for team work and presenting of results;
- Development of critical thinking and deduction;
- Acquiring of habits for permanent education and advancing in the area of geology.
Further approach: A degree holder may enrol in doctoral academic studies.
Professional status: M. Sc. in Geology
- The students who have successfully finished this study programme are able to do the following in the area of geology:
- Understand and apply the necessary knowledge and skills in the area of geology;
- Apply the knowledge from the fundamental geological disciplines;
- Fully respond to the existing and new scientific and researching challenges in the area of historic and dynamic geology, mineralogy, palaeontology, petrology, crystallography, geochemistry, and economic geology;
- Perceive, formulate, and solve scientific and practical problems;
- Work independently or in a team composed of the experts of various profiles;
- Have professional and ethical responsibility and understand the impact of the revealed data and conclusions on the further science development;
- Improve their knowledge and practical qualifications in accordance with the science development during the entire life.